July 13, 2015
NOTE: VIDEO OF EVENT NOW AVAILABLE HERE.
You are cordially invited to join a discussion on women working for reconciliation in Colombia, transitional justice, and psycho-social support for victims of the Colombian conflict. The program will be part of the Colombia Peace Forum at the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) and will take place this Wednesday, July 15, from 2-4:30 pm EST/ 1:00-3:30 pm, Colombian time at USIP headquarters (2301 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC). The program will be webcast live in Spanish with simultaneous translation available on-site and after the event on the web. The program will include the participation of three members of GemPaz, the Ecumenical Group of Women Peace Builders.
To participate in the event via Twitter, the hashtag is: #ColombiaPeaceForum.
Speakers will include:
- Virginia M. Bouvier, Senior Advisor for Latin American Programs, U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP)
- Mónica Guerrero, Steering Committee, GemPaz
- Norma Inés Bernal, Steering Committee, GemPaz
- Mónica Velásquez, Project Coordinator, GemPaz
Commentators will include:
- Kathleen Kuehnast, Senior Advisor for Gender and Peacebuilding, Center for Governance, Law and Society, USIP
- Susan Hayward, Director, Center for Religion and Peacebuilding, USIP
- James Patton, Executive Vice Presidente, International Center for Religion and Diplomacy (ICRD)
- Elizabeth “Lili” Cole, Senior Advisor, Jennings Randolph Fellowship, Center for Applied Conflict Research, USIP