April 21, 2016
This Friday, April 22, at the U.S. Institute of Peace in Washington, we will take an in-depth look at the status of the agreement on disappearances reached by the Government of Colombia and the FARC-EP in Havana last October 17, 2016. The Colombia Peace Forum event will be co-sponsored with the Latin America Working Group Education Fund. Speakers will include:
- Diana Arango, Executive Director, independent forensic group, Equitas
- Ulianov Franco, Executive Director, Familiares Colombia
- Carlos Eduardo Valdés, General Director, National Institute of Legal Medicine
- Christoph Harnisch, Head of Delegation, Colombia, International Committee of the Red Cross (via Skype)
I will be moderating the event, and my colleague, Lisa Haugaard, Executive Director of the Latin America Working Group Education Fund, will provide commentary.
- For more information and to RSVP for the event, click here.
- See the Agenda.
- See biographies of the speakers here.
The event is open to the public and will be webcast live at the USIP website from 10-12. Speakers will present in Spanish; audio in both English and Spanish will be posted shortly thereafter. Hashtag for the event is #ColombiaPeaceForum and tweets should copy @USIP @vmbouvier.
Hope you can join us! RSVP required for in-person attendance.